Monday, March 14, 2011

Loveseat Before & Afters




Finally! I finished my love seat. And I love the way it turned out! Darren actually likes it too! The kids have been super cute about me recovering it. Ellie said, "mom, my favorite part is the ruffle- I just love how you did it! I bought the loveseat off of Craigslist for $70.00 I knew the color was ugly- but I loved the lines. I have a chair from Ikea and another couch and love seat with the exact same lines, so I could mix and match if I need to. I used a painters drop cloth from Home Depot for the fabric for $29.00. I washed it and love the way it feels and looks. It is perfect!! There was a loveseat at Pottery Barn that was pretty similar to the look I wanted- it was $949.00 + $80.00 shipping. The one at Ikea was $579.00. So I think $100 total (oh, and about $2.60 for 2 zippers and $2.00 for thread) was pretty darn good. I figure it took me about 20-25 hours. About 5 good 4-5 hour days- over a 3 week period of time. But I'm not that fast. I think someone like Marilyn could do it in 10-15 hours? maybe?? Also notice the wall color went from off-white to a light blue? Thanks to Darren's dad who painted my whole kitchen in 1/2 a day! He was so fast! Later this week I will hang curtains. I can't decide if I should paint the round side table white. What do you think? It got really scratched up in the move- so it's not in great condition anyways.

3 comments:

  1. Holy Cow EM, You are amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Em, this turned out awesome! I had no idea you knew how to do this. Way to go! You've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete