
h

t



We have had some MAJOR storms here the last couple of weeks. The first one we were getting warnings all day long. The news said a tornado was heading our way. It hit at night, there was a bunch of thunder and lighting, wind, power outages, but no major damage in our neighborhood. It was pretty intense.
The 2nd one was really scary. It came without warning and was pretty insane. This was last week- at night. Darren, the kids and I were in the kitchen visiting, when it started lightning outside. Then, all of a sudden it started to POUR rain outside. The wind begin to howl at the same time. We went out on our back porch to see what was going on. The lightning was unbelievable- just like in a movie, the trees were swaying so much it felt like our house was spinning. Our power flickered out. All of a sudden we heard cracking noises on the side of the house- like a tree was going to fall on our house. It was dark, so we couldn't really see. Darren yelled at us to get inside. He ran to the upstairs bedroom and grabbed Paul(who was asleep) out of bed. He was in a bedroom that was close to the tree falling sound. After a few minutes we went back on the porch to see if we could tell what had fallen, and then more tree cracking, splitting, falling sounds. This time it was from the back of the house. We ran inside once again. The kids went in the kitchen and said a prayer that no trees would fall on our house. We all went up to my bedroom and I let all the kids climb in my bed. I stood in the window and watched the rain, lighting. I listened to the wind howl and the thunder boom. I don't think more than 3 seconds would pass between lightning strikes. The sky was constantly being lit up. It is hard to describe, as I have never seen or been in such a terrible storm. I was scared, and yet fascinated by the power of nature. I went out on the front porch and watched as the storm seemed to move away. Then I went up and put all the kids in there own beds. I laid in bed and fell asleep- only to sit straight up in bed as a HUGE crack sounded right outside my window. I jumped straight out of bed and stood by the window as a bolt of lightning flashed in our back yard. I took a step back from the window- for the first time in my life I was scared of getting hit by lightning. Lightning flashed again and again as the thunder boomed. I didn't sleep much that night. The next morning I got up to survey the damage. It was a beautiful day. We had some major tree limbs down, which is the cracking we had heard on the back porch. David and Marilyn's tree house fell, and there were big tree's down all over. It was pretty intense. I felt very lucky and blessed to not have any trees fall on our house.
I'm so glad you're all safe. We don't see weather that intense out here. It's crazy! I hope you don't see any more action for awhile!
ReplyDeleteThat is crazy! Where is picture of the tree on the car? Insane!
ReplyDeleteHow terrifying! So glad you are safe and that a tree didn't fall on your house!
ReplyDelete