I am super excited! On the fourth of July I ran in the Provo Freedom run- by myself. I ran the 5k. Got up ran the race and got back at just the time my baby woke up and everyone else was getting up. It felt great! Races are the type of thing where you hear about it and think- "that would be so fun!!" So you sign up. Then the night before you think, "This is stressful. Why am I doing this? I am so nervous. I just want to sleep in. What was I thinking?" Then during the race you really question yourself, "What in the world was I thinking? This is fun? I paid to do this? Why am I torturing myself on my vacation!!??" Then after the race, "That was awesome! That was so fun! I need to find another race to do next weekend!"
 |
| No, I didn't run with a baby. But I just had to hold him, he was to cute to resist. |
I ran the 5k in 26:44. Thats a 8:37 min mile folks. Pretty good for me! I was really happy with my time. Especially since the whole last mile was a slight incline!! I wasn't quiet ready for that since everything in Florida is as flat as a pancake. I have been running almost every morning since then- I think I'll do another race.
No comments:
Post a Comment