Friday, July 10, 2015

Kauai Day 3

The flight to Kauai was possibly the shortest flight I've ever been on.  We went up- then started our decent.  We got to Kauai about 3 in the afternoon.  I loved Kauai, it was defiantly a lot more of what I imagined Hawaii would be like.  Oahu- not so much.  We rented a jeep, cause that's my favorite kind of car, and we were off to our hotel after no time at all.  Of course- we had to stop at a fresh fruit stand along the way.  We introduced Paul to what REAL, ripe mangos taste like- heaven!!

 The Grand Hyatt is where Darren's conference was at. So we got a really good rate.  It was the most beautiful hotel I have ever walked into- let alone stay at! It had a very outdoors feeling- with this HUGE courtyard in the middle open to all the sides of the hotel.  I have no idea what they would do if there was a hurricane!  All of the hallways have open balcony's with no windows.  The breeze flows through the whole hotel.  You never feel inside.  It was amazing.  When we arrived they gave us Leis.  I got my first flower lei! I was so excited! 


The pools and grounds of the hotel were amazing.  It haI felt like we were at a water park! They had 3 levels with different pools on each level.  There was a lazy river and a big water slide.  My pictures don't do it justice, so here are some pictures from the internet.








The hotel was also right on the beach- and I never got in the water.  I don't really usually get in the water unless I'm snorkeling.  Darren and Paul got in plenty of times and had a blast.

Although staying in a fancy hotel was fun, and beautiful, I decided I don't ever need to stay somewhere that nice again.  I think I would just rather spend the money elsewhere. But then again, if we won a free trip to a hotel that nice I wouldn't turn it down:)

No comments:

Post a Comment