Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Host

So, I just read The Host. I'm not sure if that is the best book to read while you are pregnant. As I feel like my body has been taken over and I am no longer myself. Here are some examples

1. Grocery Shopping
Pre-pregnant: Scheduled- once a week I would go with written meal plans of the homemade healthy dinners we would have for the next week
Pregnant: What's that? I've gone twice in the last 5 weeks and it consisted of the kids putting whatever they wanted into the cart.

2. Couponing
Pre-pregnant: I was the couponing queen- hardly buying anything unless I had a coupon.
Pregnant: Why would I need those if I don't even go shopping?

3. Sleep
Pre-pregnant: 8 hours a night. 11-7
Pregnant: I try to sleep as much as possible. It is the only escape from the pain. I literally sleep 11-12 hours a day. Usually I go to bed at 9 and get up at 8.

4. Exercise
Pre-pregnant: I was in shape! My week revolved around my MWF weights class that I LOVED and I would jog 2-3 miles on the other days.
Pregnant: If I over do it- by even cleaning my house to much- I throw up and am so sick all I can do is lay in bed in a fetal position crying. NOT FUN! I feel like a giant slug.

5. TV & Movies
Pre-pregnant: I would probably watch 1 movie every week or two. We don't have cable, so I would watch a netflix or a red box.
Pregnant: I watch 5 or 6 hours of TV EACH DAY! Man Vs. Wild, Jeff Corwinn, America, or some movie each day. I watched Gone With The Wind, Chariots of Fire, and a couple others I would never take the time to watch. At least it takes my mind off the sickness. I think I am getting bed sores.

6. Food
Pre-pregnant: I had the same thing almost everyday. Breakfast- protein shake Snack- whole wheat bread and 2 eggs, Lunch-1 piece of whole wheat bread with 1 can of tuna and 1 TBL of low fat Miracle Whip Snack- an apple with peanut butter. Dinner- something generally healthy Snack- strawberries in milk with sugar free chocolate chips or peaches with cottage cheese.
Pregnant: Anything that I can swallow. And as frequently as possible, because if my stomach gets empty I get sooooo much sicker.

7. Fast Food
Pre-Pregnant: once a week at most- a special Friday night treat
Pregnant: every day

8. Bed Bath & Beyond soaps and candles
Pre-pregnant: My best friend
Pregnant: My worst enemy

9. Hot-N-Ready
Pre-Pregnant: A date with Darren- what else?
Pregnant: Dinner every night- before I was pregnant we had 1 of these Pizza's in an entire YEAR!

The bottom line is that I am not myself at all. It is difficult to feel like I have lost myself. Hopefully I am still in there somewhere and will come back.

3 comments:

  1. So funny! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're almost rhere, right? At least you have your sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! That was me exactly a few months ago! Especially the tv one. Oh, my gosh. I mean, everything on there I can relate to. you are hilarious. And there is no way around it: being pregnant sucks!

    ReplyDelete