Monday, March 9, 2015

How to tell

When I tell someone I am sick with morning sickness I can immediately tell if they have been through REAL morning sickness or not by their reply.  Here are some real examples of what people have said:

Responses of people who have NOT experienced REAL morning sickness:
"Oh, you need to eat oranges. They really helped!"  Really???
"I heard popcorn helps."   You've got to be kidding me.  IF I could handle the smell??
"Hope your feeling better, can I give you a food assignment for the Blue and Gold Banquet?" I don't even cook for myself!!
"I'm sorry, I loved being pregnant!"  Just leave before someone gets hurt. 
"Oh, I know, I was so sick too."  This came from someone who didn't tell anyone but her spouse she was pregnant till she was l4 weeks along.  Sorry, but if you can lead a normal life- your not SO sick!!

Responses of people who have experienced REAL morning sickness:
"Oh, my gosh.  I am sooooo sorry!!! That is the worst!!!!"  Yes, yes it is.
"I would throw-up in the morning before I ate breakfast.  That seemed to help." Oh boy, I guess dry-heaving is better than throwing up breakfast. This was Christina's advice.
"Try and force yourself to eat a little something before bed- then you won't have to get up in the middle of the night to throw-up."  Poor Julia!
"Yea, I would get depression really bad- It's like I"d been possessed." Yea, pretty much.

Another hint that someone has bad morning sickness is that it is all they blog about for 2 months.  It's a sign that is pretty much what rules their whole life right now.   Poor woman! 

2 comments:

  1. Just a couple more days. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of those annoying people who didn't have it that bad, compared to what you're going through! I tell everyone what a hero you are. I can't believe what you have to go through to get these babies here!

    ReplyDelete