Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Fridge





This is my fridge. It is covered with notes from friends from Rigby. When we moved I could not believe the outpouring love and support from all of my friends and neighbors. They helped me move, brought me food and treats and left notes. I found notes all over while I was unpacking. One that is very special to me is from Josh Dungan. An 8 year old boy who lived 2 houses away from us. Josh was incredible. For about a week before we moved he would come over and ask what he could do to help me. He was such a hard worker!! I couldn't believe that kid! The day before we moved he gave all of my kids a gift. He gave Paul his very favorite dinosaur book, Ellie a cell phone (non-working) and Kyle a necklace he made with real bone. Amy (his mom) is such a great mom- she has 4 boys and they are all such great kids! I will never forget the moments before I left- with so many of my friends and neighbors standing in my driveway hugging and crying. My kids and I sobbed for the first hour of the drive away. Am I sad now? Of coarse, but I feel so much happiness too. I feel like those friendships are all so worthwhile- and will always exist- even if we don't get to see each other like we used to. I look forward to making new friends just like that here, and where ever I live the rest of my life. My grandpa used to say, "don't cry, life is full of hello's and goodby's."

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like I really do get all the best kids in my class! First Josh, then Ellie... I wonder who this year?? I will sure miss sweet Ellie. I loved her first day of school picture. Of course she wore a beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of what it'll be like when we get to heaven and can be with our loved ones (including dear friends) forever. It'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are missed, that is for sure!
    There is a great quote that says,
    "Don't cry...because it's over..Smile because it happened" -Dr. Seuss
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete