So, I've got 3 fun projects going on right now. I am super excited about this awesome solid wood bookcase I scored off of craigslist for $30!! He had it listed for $85.00 but after someone coming to look at it and deciding it was to big, he was eager to get rid of it. It took me a week to convince Darren, as he originally said, "NO, NO, NO, NO WAY! ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!!" We went and picked it up yesterday, and my brother David came to help. He said, "wait, is this bookcase made out of Popler wood?" I said yea why? And he said Marilyn went and looked at it last week! It was too big for her project. So, thanks to her the guy gave me a great price! Thanks Marilyn! Great minds think alike! My plan is to cut off the top row:( It is just to tall for the spot I need to put it. Then I am going to stain it a dark brown/red. Then I am going to put boards on the back lined with wallpaper. I just am not if I want to do colorful flowery, or simple pattern so I could use it in another room if needed. Anyways, I love it! And I am super excited to redo the dining room!
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Current Projects
So, I've got 3 fun projects going on right now. I am super excited about this awesome solid wood bookcase I scored off of craigslist for $30!! He had it listed for $85.00 but after someone coming to look at it and deciding it was to big, he was eager to get rid of it. It took me a week to convince Darren, as he originally said, "NO, NO, NO, NO WAY! ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!!" We went and picked it up yesterday, and my brother David came to help. He said, "wait, is this bookcase made out of Popler wood?" I said yea why? And he said Marilyn went and looked at it last week! It was too big for her project. So, thanks to her the guy gave me a great price! Thanks Marilyn! Great minds think alike! My plan is to cut off the top row:( It is just to tall for the spot I need to put it. Then I am going to stain it a dark brown/red. Then I am going to put boards on the back lined with wallpaper. I just am not if I want to do colorful flowery, or simple pattern so I could use it in another room if needed. Anyways, I love it! And I am super excited to redo the dining room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Em, I am so excited for you. You are so creative! Once you said what you were going to do with it I could see your dream. I am so excited for you and am excited to see the after pictures. Love you tons. Julia
ReplyDelete