Monday, January 13, 2014

Cold Spell

Florida had a cold spell last week.  Really it was cold.  I think it got down to 59 degrees. Some of you may be laughing, but when you live in Florida, your blood changes.  You become a Floridian.  So when it gets below 80 it ACTUALLY FEELS like it is 40 degrees no matter what the thermometer says.   Serious, ask any Floridian Doctor.  It's true. 

I was so excited I wore these boots Julia gave me and a sweater.  I also went swimming. It was a heated pool. Steam was coming off the pool- see- it was cold! 


I had to add this fun T-shirt that has been going around Facebook.  Those who survived know what it was like.



This one is great too.  Seriously- do you know how good it feels to wear socks when you have gone 3 years wearing nothing but flip flops??!!

      I have had 3 straight years of summer.  I would compare having beautiful weather everyday to having Christmas everyday for 3 years.  It gets old.  You want other sorts of days so that when Christmas comes it is special.  It's not so special if it's 85 every day. However, you do get all sorts of funny posts on the news and Facebook when it does get cold, for 2 days out of 365. 
       The weather here really is gorgeous.  Pretty much 85 and sunny everyday. But seriously, I am ready to live somewhere with seasons. I mean, seasons are FUN!  Why do people always complain about snow?  Snow is fun! Snow is beautiful! Winter is fun. I don't need -20 like it was in Rigby, but cold enough to wear pants without sweating would be so nice!  Actually, just imagine snow outside with a fire in the fireplace, drinking some hot chocolate, reading a book.  Hello heaven!  We had to put a fire on our TV screen and turn up the air conditioning so we could drink hot chocolate on Christmas this year!  Then we went swimming.  Maybe warm weather does have it's perks.


1 comment:

  1. Lol. I am jealous of your weather, but I do love the snow!

    ReplyDelete