Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Little Hickory Beach

Before I move onto 2014 I want to finish up 2013.  I took the pictures off my cell phone- which only happen to be Nov. and Dec. since that's when I got my phone. These pictures are of my new favorite beach I just discovered- Little Hickory.  It is a short 20 min from our house.  Once you get to the beach it is about a half mile walk- but sooo worth it.  It has great shelling- which I love. You have to go at the right time- when the tide is low, and then it's amazing!
 
This is my new absolute all time favorite beach! It has awesome shelling and shallow water when the tide goes out.  Which makes it super fun for the kids.  We found all sorts of amazing stuff in the tide pools in the sand. 

There were lots and lots of 9 legged Sea Stars walking around.

Gabe had a great time playing in the water.  But of course- he wouldn't look at me.






Nine legged sea stars are so cool.  If they loose a leg- they grow it back- you can see this one has started growing back 3 of it's legs. The ocean is SO amazing!

Acorn Worm Poop.  It's not really poop- its pretty much just discarded sand.  How can something so gross be so cool??



Kyle with a Smooth Brittle Star. 

See all those shells in the sand?  They are Fighting Conch's that are coming up out of the sand.  It is so awesome to see them crawling all over the beach.


Close up.







No comments:

Post a Comment