Monday, March 10, 2014

3 Big Days

On our calender this year we had 3 big days in a row...
Feb. 13: our 15 year anniversary
Feb. 14: Valentines Day
Feb. 15: Darren's Graduation

I have to admit on Feb. 13 I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  Darren was going to study all day and we had no plans.  We are going on a cruise after he takes his test, so we figured we would count that as our 15 year anniversary.  We didn't get each other a thing.  When Darren got home from studying I was grouchy.  Then he went mountain biking.  That didn't help the situation.  We got in a fight and went to bed.  That was our 15 year anniversary.  I wanted him to do something romantic for me even though we were going on a cruise.  But I didn't do anything for him either- so who was I to get mad?  Then next morning was Valentines Day and we both woke up feeling better. I remember at my wedding shower everyone went around and gave me advice.  My mom said- "Sometimes people say to never go to bad mad at each other, I say- go to bed! You'll feel better about it in the morning!"  It is so true!  Valentines Day Darren went to Graduation practice- and I went and decorated his car.  I bought him a card and noticed a cute card to me in his car.  I was feeling much better after doing something fun and romantic for him.  When I got home I noticed this card on the front porch for me to find.  
Darren calls me t-bone sometimes.  I don't really know why.

This made me laugh so hard.  Darren and I have it out sometimes- but I will say we never stay mad at each other longer than a couple of hours.  Darren always says something funny and I can't stay mad at him.   Well, this card made me laugh.  Darren came home with flowers and a card for me.  We hugged and had a great Valentines Day.  We stayed home and just hung out with the kids.   I learned a couple of days later that Paul made this card for me!  He had heard us fight the night before so he made this card for me.  He purposely made it to look like Darren had made it for me so we would make up.  He totally tricked me- and it worked! What a good kid.   


The next day was graduation- which was an amazing day.  I'll save it for my next post- but here are some pictures of his Diploma and a special certificate he got for graduating with a 4.0.  Darren is Awesome!

1 comment: