Friday, June 27, 2014

Living by family

 Since we are living in the West- we also happen to be closer to family.  Three hours from Athena and Ben in Portland, and 4 hours from Mark and Malinda in Boise.  Athena and Ben came and helped us unpack.  It was so fun to have them come! We celebrated Nayeli's birthday while they were here. Athena made a super cute cake!  




Emma was here, and so the kids slept out in the shed.  They froze.

Athena blogged about her trip- so I just copied and pasted this next part from her blog to  mine.  Why reinvent the wheel? 
 -
That evening after Ben got home from work, we packed up the car and drove to see my sister Emily and her family in Hermiston, Oregon. They just moved there from Florida since my brother-in-law Darren will be working as a nurse anesthetist. Anyway, I had told Emily that we would come and help unpack, move boxes, etc. It was a 4 hour drive so we got there late Friday night, chatted for a bit, then went to bed.
Saturday morning Nayeli was so excited to meet her cousins. She LOVES other kids and she especially loved Gabe. They are only 6 weeks apart.
 
Paul, Gabe and Nayeli. I can't get over Gabe's cheesy grin. So cute.


That afternoon we had lunch and then did a small party for Nayeli. She had requested a rainbow cake so my nephew Paul helped me make one I had seen on Pinterest. She loved it, mostly because it had "num-nums" aka Skittles on the top.

The inside of the cake. I was so pleased with how it turned out.


Isn't she the cutest? Ben had me make sure she was wearing this shirt to go with her rainbow cake. She's also got a thing for rainbows right now.


We had a great weekend hanging out and helping Emily and Darren. Actually Ben helped and I laid on the couch. Being 37 weeks pregnant made me pretty useless, but we still had a great time talking and enjoying each other. Besides, Emily and Darren are great hosts and it was so fun to see them since they've been living far away for so long. However our fun was short lived as we left early Sunday morning to be back for our 1 o'clock ward.-  Athena's Blog

Thanks  Athena and Ben for coming! It was so good to hang out!

1 comment:

  1. Do I get royalties because you used my blog post on your blog? :) We had a great time! Thanks for letting us come!

    ReplyDelete