March 23, 2014
I am in Hermiston at a hotel and should be moving in today! I feel a little bit out of place here. I think 30% of the people are Hispanic. If Naples was a 10 and Rigby was a 7, Hermiston is a 6. So it's not too bad, but not great either. All the neighbors houses can see in our back yard and I can see in all their yards- they are all close- I almost feel like its in the city. They left the house ok but didn't dust anything so the baseboards and windows and walls are all disgusting. We're going to go over this morning and clean before the moving truck gets there. They had too big German Shepherds in the house and yard so the yard is pretty torn up. They had the carpets cleaned but there was still a dog hair everywhere so Darren rented a Rug Doctor and went over it all again. Maybe it's a good thing we didn't get the truck on Saturday because we have done a lot of cleaning to get the house ready. Darren started work Friday and actually got called in. He went in this morning 6 for his first full day. Derek and Emma have been fun to have a long. Yesterday for church I don't think any of us had a full church outfit. Derek brought Jareds church pants and so when he put them on they came to his knees. He refused to take them off though. Emma came up with a great idea and told him to just wear his jeans over them. That worked great and we had a good time. I am excited to move in and think even though I feel uncomfortable and out of place right now I will end up really liking it here. Plus it's always very reassuring when you know you are where Heavenly father wants you to be. Love you all!
March 24, 2014
Hey everyone!
Today went much better! Darren started his first full day of work. It went great for him. The 6 kids and i checked out of our hotel and came to the house to clean. I felt much better after getting the house and yard cleaned up a little bit. I clean up dog poo in the yard for half an hour. After I was done Paul asked when we could get a dog. I told him it was the wrong time to ask. Lol Darren got off work about 1 and the moving truck got here about 2. The missionaries came at 3 and a bunch of guys from the elders quarm came at 5. I can't tell you guys how nice it is to move from 1400 square feet to 2400 square feet! And have a fenced yard! We met a neighbor family from the ward that lives 3 doors down. He's an orthopedic surgeon and they said they really liked the neighborhood. So maybe I jumped the gun on saying it was ghetto- lol. I guess it's a ok neighborhood- pretty much like our Rigby neighborhood. Anyways it feels great to be laying in my bed and not in a hotel room or someone elses house. I really think we're going to like it here actually I already really like it here. :-)
Here are some pictures of the backyard when we moved in. It was pretty torn up- we have done a lot to it and I'll post pictures soon. I don't know why I didn't take any of the front yard- but I'll post some tomorrow.








No comments:
Post a Comment