Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Easter


We are exploring Oregon! Of course, one of the fun things about living in different places is discovering all the places close by. When we moved to Oregon we decided we would take every opportunity available to explore the area. So on Darren's first week off, we took a trip to Bend.  It is about 4 hours from us.  Bend is a fun town/city. I would describe it as a city in West Yellowstone.  Lots of pine trees, mountains, rivers etc.  But also lots of people, shopping, restaurants, etc.  It was still kinda cold- so we spent some time in front of the hotel fire place drinking hot chocolate.  We went to the Banff Mountain Film Festival.  One of our favorite things to do each spring!


CUTE!
On Saturday we spent the day hiking up to an old volcano.  The hike was kind of scary, I'm not sure we were on the right trail.
Paul, Darren, Ellie, and Kyle


All the gray is lava fields. The view was pretty amazing.
Look at this angel face!!



Then we went and did a hike by the river. I love this picture of Darren and the kids.
We went to this fun candy shop. The next day was Easter- and I didn't have any candy- so I bought a bunch of very expensive candy and ended up spending like $40 bucks on candy!


He was trying so hard I couldn't resist buying this lollipop for Gabe

Here is Easter in our hotel room.




We also checked out the High Desert Museum.  It was a really fun place.  A must if you ever go to Bend.
We enjoyed the live porcupine show.
We went to this part of the museum where there was an old homestead created.  There were people in period clothing and they talked to us about their lives. 
We had a great time playing old fashioned games.


Of course Darren jumps right in with the games.  He is such a fun dad.





Gabe being so cute!

Our family!


We headed back to Hermiston after a few fun filled days.  We can mark Bend off our list!

No comments:

Post a Comment