Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Teenager in the House

Well Paul has officially turned into a teenager!! I don't know why people complain about teenagers- Paul is awesome!  Ok, the boys were kinda crazy at his party- but that's just when teenagers get together.   Paul wanted a Minecraft birthday party- so that's what he got.  He helped so much getting everything ready.  WE had so much fun.  One of my favorite things about having a party is just getting ready for it.  It's so easy- just go to Pinterest and pint off all the free printables- and boom, great birthday party.


















We had a great group of teenagers.  And with the exceptions of a bunch of them climbing on top of my shed- they behaved themselves pretty well.  Have I mentioned that teenage boys are stinky?  Like, they really smell bad.  I had to open all the doors and turn on the fan in my house while they were all here.






Lily was the hit of the party.   I had to set a timer for kids to share holding her.





Ok, is candy the cool present to give out at birthday parties or something?  Or just the easiest and cheapest? Because parents, just don't.  This is a sample of what Paul got for his birthday from his friends.  This doesn't even include the half eaten 5 pound bag of Sour Patch Kids from Costco someone else gave him.  I guess that mom got sick of her kids eating so much candy and unloaded it onto us.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I don't want any of my kids getting a huge bin of red vines for their birthday.  I barely even want him getting presents- let alone the worst thing for a kid to have.  Every party I have I want to put, "No gifts please" on the invitations, but the kids freak out, and Darren says that's just cruel, so I don't.  Seriously, I would rather if Paul got nothing than a huge amount of candy for his birthday.  Maybe I'm just weird.

Anywho... It was a great day and we all had a great time:)


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Emily, that is a seriously impressive party! Happy birthday Paul!

    ReplyDelete