Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stitches for Paul

Well, a couple weeks after Paul got his cast off we were back at the hospital, this time in the Surgical Center. He had gotten a sliver at David & Marilyn's tree house. It was HUGE and DEEP. We dug and dug and got most of it out. Then it got too painful, so we took him to the doctor and Dr. said it was to deep and he would need to go to the surgical center. We waited about 5 days to see if it would work out on its own, but no luck. So we took him in. The Surgeon wanted to schedule a day to knock him out for surgery. I thought, "For a Sliver???!!! NO WAY!!"How much would THAT COST?? I said to the Doctor, "Can't you just numb his hand and try and get it out?" The doctor looked surprised, "well, yes, if he can handle it and hold still." Paul said he could. Paul was VERY brave, only a couple of tears when they gave him the numbing shots. He actually watched for a little, but it got pretty bloody and didn't want to watch any more. After about 10 min. of listening to the sounds of cutting and pulling (He kept using tweezers and just pulling the tissue!) I felt the blood drain from my face and felt like I was going to either vomit or faint. The Dr. looked at me, and said, "put your head between your knees, I don't want to stitch up two of you!" I pretty much felt sick for the rest of the day. I told Paul, "I am getting a treat with you today!" 4 stitches later everything was cleaned up and we headed to McDonalds for 2 Mcflurries. Poor Paul.


No comments:

Post a Comment