Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Decoration




Of all my Christmas decorations this is one of my favorites. I scored it at a yard sale this summer. When I saw it I knew I had to buy it. It reminded me of one exactly like this that my Nana had. I loved to look at it as a child- it was just magical! With the little glowing birds, lights, butterfly's, ornaments, and a star on top- I just couldn't take my eyes off of it. The colors were so beautiful, especially when you would turn off the lights and watch it shine in the dark! I think they wanted $10.00 for it, and wouldn't go any lower- that is a lot for a yard sale- but I didn't care. I loved it, brought it home, and it has been on- night and day from Dec. 1st. It reminds me of my Nana, and of my childhood. 2 great memories. Every time I look at it I smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment