Sunday, January 30, 2011

Old wallpaper beware!



I am a lover of wallpaper- on certain conditions. Wallpaper is so personal, and so trendy it should be changed often. It is like an accessory. Moving into a house where the same wallpaper has been there for 25 years makes it a sure thing that that wallpaper is going in the trash.
Anytime one of our guests needed to use the restroom they would be greeted by this! Naked Cherubims holding baskets of flowers. Wierd. Thankfully the wallpaper came off pretty easy. I told Eliza, "the next snow day we have, lets paint that bathroom." So just a couple days later Eliza came over and helped me paint the hall bathroom. It is so much more open and light in there. Before it felt so dark and claustrophobic. Now it is a breath of fresh air! I love it. We have now painted 6 rooms in this house. 1 more and I am done. The bathroom upstairs has wallpaper from the 80's - so its already started to be taken down.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look! You have a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I wish I was there so I could see all the great changes you're making to your house. You have such a talent! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! I hope the people you rent from notice and love what you have done to the house!!! I wish I was there to do projects with you! You should have kept some of the wallpaper, framed it and hung it in the bathroom for when you move out. Love you tons, Julia

    ReplyDelete