







It started out quite innocently as a bird feeder out my back kitchen window. We get all sorts of fun birds; Cardinals, Chickadees, Doves, Woodpeckers, Sparrows and more. It is so fun to watch the birds whenever I am at my kitchen sink. The bird feeder happens to be right next to our screened in porch that also happens to have a small hole in the bottom of it. How did that hole get there? The raccoons tore it open and come peak at us through the windows in our house at night. We have caught them spying on us! They are kinda cute- even if they can have rabies. Anyways, the birds have started hopping in through the hole, and then they can't get out of the screened in porch. When the first bird go caught I thought my kids were going to have a heart attack. I don't know if I've seen more excited kids. After catching and releasing the first couple birds, I would just opened the screen door- get a broom, and direct the bird to fly out- but that resulted in complete meltdowns from all my kids because they wanted to hold the bird. I've never seen such a continual stream of tears! After several bird episodes I noticed a small trail of bird seed from the bird feeder through the hole in the screen right to a big pile of birdseed. I realized what my kids had been up to. Luckily the birds have outsmarted the kids and have started hopping in to the bird food, and then hopping right back out. Cute little birds. (and kids)
One day, right before Christmas, Darren opened the front door to go to work, and a bird flew right inside our house! There was a wreath on our front door it had been sitting in. We spent the next hour and a half trying to catch that darn bird!
This is so funny! I can picture this happening exactly how you explained it! I can't believe that cardinal is real! It's beautiful. I love you guys so much! Rachie said she saw the racoon when she was talking on the phone in the livingroom over christmas break!
ReplyDelete