Sunday, September 9, 2012

Paddle Boarding

Have you ever been paddle boarding? Do you even know what it is? I didn't really know what it was till we moved to Florida. It's a pretty big thing here. It basically like a big surf board you stand up on and paddle around on. They are super fun. We went to the beach with some friends and tried out their paddle boards. We had a blast.  Darren saw a jellyfish, a sea turtle, some manatees, and some dolphins.  I didn't see anything- but I didn't go out as far, cause I'm kinda scared on the ocean.
 
Here's Darren and Ellie out in the water.

Darren and Ellie, and our friend Jillian with her 3 kids, and Kyle up front.

Darren and Ellie riding the waves.  We really don't get waves or riptides here.  I love it, it makes me not worry as much about my kids in the water.

I love this picture, notice little Kyle in snorkeling in the water.
Darren and Paul
Kyle and Ellie trying it themselves.  Not sure if you can see him- but that's our friend Ryan over on the side there.

Go Kyle!
And Ellie!

Awesome kids!
Where's Paul all this time?  Fishing of course! With our good friend Micah.  Micah is like a nature dictionary.  He knows EVERYTHING about the wildlife here!    He knows the names of all the different shells, fish, plants, coral, bacteria etc. He and Paul get along great.  LOL 

Darren and Micah with Ryan in the background
Paul having a great time.

Paul brought his cast net.  Micah threw it out and caught like 30 little fish!  I wish I had my camera.  Here they are in the bucket.  This is how it works.  They use the cast net to catch these little bait fish.  Then they put the bait fish on their hook and throw them out in the ocean.  Then a bigger fish sees the little fish struggling and boom you catch a big fish!  That's the plan anyways.  We didn't catch any big ones today.
This is our good friend Alisha holding Gabe for me.  That's her little boy Hunter, and Tess is Micah and Jillian's little girl.

Looking down the beach there were so many fun colored beach umbrella's I had to take a picture. 
We had a great day at the beach.  I am just loving all the fun things we get to do here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment