Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Kids triathalon

One of the fun things we have done this summer is exercise.  Yea, my kids don't like it as much as I do, but we registered them for a triathlon which gave them something to train for.  Their hard work paid off and it was a piece of cake for them- and lots of fun for them, not so much for me.  Darren was out of town and I was watching 3 kids for the weekend- so I had 7 kids with me.  It was crazy trying to get their bikes set up and helmets on all while trying to keep Gabe  from running into the street or getting close to the alligator infested pond.  But once they started the first younger kids race it was great.
 Here the distances.

Ages 7-10:
  • Run .4 miles
  • Bike 1.5 miles
  • Swim 100 yards
Ages 11-13:
  • Run .8 miles
  • Bike 3.0 miles
  • Swim 200 yards

So Ellie and Kyle and our friend Caroline ran with the younger group.  Here they are running.  

Ellie in the blue shirt and pink bike transitioning from running to biking.

Kyle with his hand right in front of his face waving to me!


Ellie getting off her bike ready to swim.

Kyle and Caroline

The kids swam in the lazy river with the current so I think it was extra easy. 

Ellie and her very good friend Emma.  Yea, they are the same age.

Kyle, Caroline, and Ellie- awesome kids!


The older kids were up after the younger group.  There were some pretty serious kids doing this! Here is Paul right before the start.

And their off!  It took longer cause the running and biking were further.

Go Paul!




Yea!

Good job buddy!


Here's the crew! Ellie, Kyle, Kyle's friend Benjamin, Paul and Ellie's friend Caroline. 
 I it was a fun race.  The younger group was definitely more crazy and chaotic and a few kids turfed it on their bikes, but it was super fun. Way to go kids!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! Tell your kids I am so proud of them!

    ReplyDelete