Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bathroomitis

Have you ever heard of Bathroomitis?  It is a serious medical condition when kids suddenly have to go to the bathroom when it is time to do jobs.  For example- its time to clean up after dinner and all your kids desperately have to go to the bathroom.  You get home from the grocery store and ask kids to help bring in groceries and everyone needs to use the restroom.  Thus the name, Bathroomitis. They all just disappear for 20-30 min.  Maybe your kids have bathroomitis too.  

I have come upon the discovery lately that Bathroomitis must be a gene.  It runs in our family.  What leads me to this conclusion?  Well, Gabe, at the early age of only 19 months suddenly needs to go to the bathroom whenever I am putting him to bed.  It's always the same.  We do our before bed routine and then seconds before I place him in his crib he points to his diaper and desperately yells, "poo! poo!"  I fell for it the first couple of times, but have learned this is a simple trick to get out of going to bed.  Was he taught this behavior?  No, its imbedded deep in his gene pool.  A natural instinct my kids have been born with to get them out of work.     

When I was a kid my dad would always accuse me and my  brothers and sisters of having Bathroomitis.   The thing is, when I was a kid- I really needed to go!  I wasn't faking it the way Mark was!  Or the way my kids do now.

Do your kids suffer from Bathroomitis?  This may be a much more serious problem than people realize.

4 comments:

  1. Funny--definitely runs in the family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! My ballet students get this during the hard combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of this, but after reading your definition I realized we also have this in our family. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this as a child...specifically on Sundays when there were lots of dishes to do!!

    ReplyDelete