Paul gave this talk in church a couple of weeks ago. I loved it. He wrote it himself.
Hello, and today I'm going to
give a talk on baptism. Who here has been baptized? If you have, you must have
felt the warm water touching your skin as you felt the holy ghost enter your
body. And you have to remember being confirmed, as your dad and uncle and
cousin and grandpa joe place their hands on your head. your dad says a prayer,
and you are an official member of the church of Jesus Christ
of Latter day saints. Now I'd like to share a story about being baptized. When
I turned 8, I was really exited to be baptized. I asked my mom if I was going
to get baptized on saturday or sunday. She said "Sunday, a couple hours
after church." That sunday after church, i asked my mom if i should do
anything before the baptism. She asked me "what are you talking about? You
aren't getting baptized today! Your getting baptized with Grace!" My
cousin, Grace, had her birthday a month after mine. "What do you
mean?" I replied "Well, Honey," she started "Your getting
baptized when Grace gets baptized. When i said sunday, i meant the sunday after
Grace's birthday! Isn't that great?" "Um, ya, i guess." I
replied " I just wanted to get baptized today. But, i guess it's
fine." A month later i was walking nervously into the warm water of the
font. I stepped out of the font feeling happy that I was baptized with my
cousin Grace. Isn't that a lovely story? Everyone got grace and i presents, and
someone even made us a cake! (We didn't get any of the cake, it was all eaten
by the time we had given our talks)
Ha ha. Paul is so cute. Tell him both his talks were great!
ReplyDelete