Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Day of School

Well, school started a few weeks ago.  I was ready for school to start.  I love my kids, and love hanging out with them- but I like having a schedule.  I am always ready to start getting up early and get going.  It's so hard for me to be motivated enough to do it on my own in the summer.  I welcome the alarm clock.  
Paul is in 6th grade this year- which is at the Middle School.  But he did not want to go to Middle School.  He is staying home and going to school through Florida Virtual Online School.   It's a great solution for both of us.  He gets to stay home- and I don't have to come up with a curriculum and spend a ton of time teaching him.  Plus I know he will be right on track. 
It still takes a decent amount of my time.  Especially getting him registered!  It took a week! It was as much paper work as buying a house.   But we got him registered and got him going. 
He is so self motivated and disciplined it is perfect for him.  I don't have to get on his case for not wanting to work, or taking forever.   I feel like it is perfect for us this year. 
 

Waiting for the bus on the... first day of school.  I think Paul felt so big to not be getting on the bus.


Love the pictures of Kyle again!



So far school has been going great.  Ellie has the same great teachers as last year.  And Kyle is loving his teachers.  I am so grateful for good schools.
This is the year I told their teachers we will be moving before the end of the school year.  wierd.

No comments:

Post a Comment