Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween- but I am glad it's over.  Why does the school have Red Ribbon week right before Halloween?  And then, for some reason, as if getting Halloween costumes ready weren't enough- they want to do a hat parade Halloween day.   Then I had to have 3 kids at 3 different friends houses to go trick or treating with friends and take soup to a neighborhood pot luck.  While frantically looking for last minute costumes.  All while Darren is working.  It ended up being fine.  The kids got insane amounts of candy.  I passed out candy a little bit, and then took Gabe trick-or-treating a little bit.  Darren got home about 9 and within half hour got called back in for an emergency surgery.  He has been on call at night all week and we have had very late nights.


Here we are at the ward Halloween party.  Dobby, Bellatrix, Malfoy, Hermione, and Harry


We all agreed that Dobby is the cutest House Elf ever!



Kyle went trick or treating with his friend Maya and her sister Emily. 

He was a great Harry Potter. 

Bellatrix and Dobby.  I should have made a scarier face. - Notice all the chairs, that was the neighborhood party- there were probably 50-70 people there.  Mostly LDS families.  We have 14 LDS families in Milano.


Hermione!

Add caption

Malfoy!


Oh my........

Paul stayed out a little late and had 3 people just dump the rest of their candy bowls into his bag.  Thanks.


As you can see trick-or-treating was a huge success.  Probably too successful for my taste.  I don't really like candy- so I made some pumpkin bars and filled up on those.  Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. Great costumes! I especially love Dobby and your wig! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO much candy! I LOVE your costumes--especially Gabe's!! You all look great.

    ReplyDelete