Darren had a week off! We started it off with a bang by leaving at 5 in the morning last Saturday to drive to Key Largo. We were there by 8 to catch a quick snorkeling tour at 9. Honestly, the snorkeling wasn't that great. Don't get me wrong- the fish and coral were beautiful, but the water was cold and choppy, the visibility was bad, and there were lots Jellyfish. We still had a fun time- just being together.
 |
| Me and Darren. He hates wearing those jackets. |
 |
| Angel Fish |
 |
| Moon Jellyfish- they were everywhere- you had to be very careful not to swim into them. |
 |
| Beautiful Coral |
 |
| I love these fish- Parrot Fish. |
 |
| The Barracuda were amazing! I saw at least 6 or 7 of them about 5 feet long. It is hard to tell in the picture, but this guy is at least 5 feet long. I have never seen them that huge! The captain said they have never had one bite a person in the 20 something years he has been doing tours. They sure do look scary though!- and I definitely kept my distance! |
 |
| Another Barracuda. |
 |
| See- A Barracuda and Jelly fish in the same picture! |
 |
| Look at that thing! It just looks mad! |
 |
| After snorkeling- the kids got cold and scared of the jellyfish- so they spent most the time on the boat. Gabe was at home with a babysitter. As much as we missed Gabe- it was a great break to have just the older kids. |
 |
| Paul acting like Superman- he doesn't have to act much, he is already super! |
 |
| After the snorkeling trip we headed to John Pennekamp beach and just hung out. I have to admit, it was the most relaxing time at the beach I have ever had! Without worrying about Gabe- I was able to read, and relax! It was amazing! I had to get this picture of Kyle reading with his "friend". |
 |
| There he is. |
 |
| I'm in HEAVEN!! Shell World and no toddler! I actually got to look around! |
 |
| KYLE! This picture is too scary for me to even look at! |
 |
| Shell World was amazing. I could have spent a very, very long time in there. But even on a good day Darren's patience for shopping is about 9-10 min. long. I hurried and took it all in as quickly as possible. All the shells were amazing, and I could have spent an hour in there. Easy. There was a wall of specialty shells. Ones that are collectors items. Check out this shell for $750! I love shells- but seriously?? It's looks like a normal shell! |
After a fun day at Key Largo we headed home. We were all so excited to see Gabe. I left a little sad- not knowing if we will be back there for a very long time, or ever. Our time here is quickly coming to an end, and it makes me want to soak in every moment. Which I did this day, and it was wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment