Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Color Run

I ran in it a couple of weeks ago- but couldn't find my pictures- I have some really cute ones of the kids- but I'll have to post them later.  Just these 2 pictures will have to do.
Anywho- I have always wanted to run in a Color Run- and I finally got the chance.   This one was  a 5K where they had packets full of colored powder and threw it all over us before we run the race.  Then as we were running the race- there were stations of color- pink, yellow, blue and green.  People were standing at the stations throwing color on us.  One color per station. 
Darren had a test that Saturday, so it was me and the kids.  I pushed Gabe in the stroller- that I wrapped in plastic bags so it wouldn't get dirty.  The people throwing color were very good about not getting it on him.  My older kids hung out with one of my friends husband- who happens to be their Dentist. 

Before- there was such a fun group of girls! We had a great time!

After! I pushed Gabe in the stroller- so he got to be in the picture.
My kids came and went to all the color stations and threw color on everyone as they ran.  Ellie and Kyle had a great time- but Paul didn't.  Paul is very sensitive to sights, sounds, and textures.  - he got very irritated by the smell and feel of the color powder. He still was a good sport, but very anxious to leave after the race.    We didn't get timed- so I don't know my time- plus half the race was on very uneven grass, which wasn't the easiest thing to be pushing a baby stroller on! (Seriously- I wasn't impressed with the race course) It was still a great time!

1 comment:

  1. I love how adventurous you are. And you do it all with a baby! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete