Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Return of The Skunk Ape

We had such a fun time at Skunk Ape's last time- I had to take David and Marilyn and their kids! So the morning after Thanksgiving we go up and headed South to the Everglades.  45 min. and a Black Bear  later we pulled up to Skunk apes.  

Cool Huh!



Nothing like a skeleton to greet you!

Entering!


This guy was our fun host again.  He was great. Giving the gator a kiss






LOL. Marilyn pointing to the disgusting raw meat sitting out.

How fun! A fake tarantula to freak you out!

This picture doesn't do justice to the amount of cobwebs at this place.  CREEPY! LOL








Darren isn't necessarily scared of snakes, but doesn't really like them.  I think this is the most "uncomfortable" I've ever seen him in life.  Oh wait, he is really scared of bears when we go camping in Montana.





























This bird was hilarious!  I am pretty sure it has a crush on me!  Remember last time we went it kept snuggling with me?  This time it kept flying over to me and wouldn't go back to his owner.  LOL.  I had to leave the area so everyone else could hold it.  When I peaked my head out to see if they were done with him he flew right back to me.  I told Darren he has some competition!

My crush snuggling with me. 



Our guide feeding the birds cashews that he puts in his mouth.

Now this bird will only go to teenage boys.  LOL







FUN times!!

2 comments:

  1. Ben here. I can't help but wonder how much Crisco was smeared on the outside of your car to lure that bear in... ;) Looks like a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting all of these up--we had such a great time. Thanks for everything!!

    ReplyDelete