Friday, February 28, 2014

Beach Days

What do we do when visitors come?  We go to the beach -everyday! There are so many different beaches to go to- it's hard to decide!  So on Monday we went to Little Hickory while Darren studied.  Poor Jacob was sick and slept the whole time.



We walked to our favorite island- "Bird Island" where Gabe is stranded and cannot run away from me.  It is a perfect spot.  The water is shallow on 3 sides of the island and so the kids can play and play and play in the shallow water.  It is so much fun. It is also a great shelling beach.  I can't believe I didn't take pictures of the shells we found!

Tuesday we got up and headed to our favorite- Shark Tooth beach! In Venice.  It is about 1 1/2 drive but totally worth it.



This guy came walking along the beach with a HUGE Megalodon tooth around his neck.  We had to stop him- he pulled out a bag of bunch of them.  He let the kids hold them for the picture.  They were amazing!  He told us he searches for teeth for a living.  He mostly uses his boat and dives for them.  He said he has taken Woody Harrelson and Kevin Costner out searching for teeth. That is a fun thing I would LOVE to do!.
Isn't that amazing?!!! Those teeth sell for anywhere from a couple hundred dollars to couple thousand dollars.

Poor Paul felt lousy and slept all morning.  He didn't even care about the guy with the Megalodon teeth.  You know he's sick when that happens!

After he took his nap he felt a little better.

Oh, Ellie! Why do you have to roll around in the sand and make such a mess!??
Oh, I see, now I know where you get it from.


Poor Gabe with his broken arm had to wear this dumb huge blue thing over his cast.  He was a good sport and didn't even seem to care.



About sunset we headed over to Sharkey's on the Pier to watch the sunset.


I love this picture!


  This sunset was the end to a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment