Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Girls Weekend

 When David and Marilyn were here recently Marilyn had such a great time she said, "I could come again, just by myself."  That was all it took for me to encourage a girls week end.  I was so grateful Malinda and Emma, and Marilyn and Owen came to visit one last time. I was so bummed it was cold while they were here- but they had a great attitude and we still had a great time.  At least it was sunny and not rainy.
Malinda and Emma came a couple days before Marilyn.  We went to the beach- but it was so cold we only stayed an hour.

We snapped a couple of pictures and headed south to the Everglades.

Skunk Ape's is a perfect place to go when the weather is a little bit cooler.


The other gator we usually hold was getting too big.  They have replaced him with this little guy.  I felt like it was just a large lizard.





Ellie and Emma trying to lure "Cucumber" the tortoise out.  He wouldn't budge- he was staying right under that heat lamp!


Then we got my boyfriend out! His name is Dodo.  And yes, he recognized me and flew right over to me. It is so flattering to have a bird be in love with you.

Now, see that McCaw that Malinda is holding?  That bird is funny too.  It is very particular.  It will choose 1 woman a day to let hold him.  He won't go to anyone else.  The last 2 times we have been there it wouldn't choose anyone, and no one got to hold him.  As soon as Malinda walked up to the cage this bird was in love! He was walking around to cage to follow wherever Malinda went.  He was sticking out his legs like crazy trying to grab her.  It was very intertaining! We got him out and he went right to Malinda.  We both had dates! It was perfect!



Malinda held Patches a long time.  He would snuggle right up to her and she would rub the back of his head. Birds are so funny!




Ok, I don't know if you can see it in this picture, but there was this turtle on a rock.  It's shell was balanced on the rock and it's front arms and legs were sticking out into the air like it was flying! It was hilarious. Superturtle!  Oh, and there's an alligator in the background.

Lunch at Subway at the everglades.  I'm pretty sure everyone who works at that gas station is a Meth addict.
We got ready that night for a girls night out.  We had to convince Emma to come.  Dinner and a movie- how fun!
A night at the Mercato! This is a great place to go to get the feeling of Naples.
Gotta check out the cars!
We love this movie theater! Big leather seats! Once you go to a movie here you are ruined for life.  Other theaters just can't compare. I am going to be so sad to not to be able to go to the movies here anymore.


Malinda hanging at the pool with the kids while I went and picked up Marilyn from the airport.
Marilyn flew in about noon and that afternoon we went on a boat tour of Naples and Port Royal.  

I love my Marilyn and Malinda so much.  I feel so lucky to have such awesome sister in laws!

Port Royal houses. This tour is so fun- I never get sick of it.
I loved this house!
Malinda and Marilyn being beautiful.  Baby Owen is in that blanket somewhere. I should have gotten a picture of him! He is so cute!
Rocking out to Jimmy Buffet while the sun sets.

It was a brilliant sunset!

After the Sunset boat tour we headed to 5th avenue for dinner and desert.
The next day we got up and headed up to Sanibel and Captiva Islands for the day.  We started out by going shelling- which was a major dissapointment.  No great shells that day.  No matter- we were off to bigger and better things!

Like lunch at this fun restaurant.

Since each piece of Key Lime pie was $8 we figured it would be cheaper to buy the whole pie- so we did!

I love this picture- what are Marilyn and I laughing so hard about?  I don't know, but Marilyn does always have something funny to say.


In the front there with Ellie and Emma is Ellie's friend, Caroline.  She came with us for the day.  It was so fun to be with the girls.


I loved this cool post with signs.
It was a beautiful day and such a fun atmosphere.  I felt like we were in the Keys. If you ever come to Southwest Florida Sanibel and Captiva Islands are a must!
We stopped at the beach one last time before their flight left.  It wasn't so sad saying good bye, as we will be moving soon and will be seeing them so much more now!
I loved this cool art gallery boardwalk.
Thanks girls, for a wonderful Florida vacation!


2 comments:

  1. So fun to see the pictures! Thanks for posting them :) Glad you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all so beautiful! Those birds are cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete