Saturday, February 15, 2014

Gabe is Two!

There is so much to blog about! Life has been busy, and happy lately.  And a lot has happened. but lets start with Gabe's 2nd birthday!  Gabe is, of course, like the puppy of the family.  Everyone loves him and gives him so much attention. Sometimes it's too much and he'll get mad- he will yell, "Paulie!"  
The baby is insane.  He loves to be crazy, and climb on everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.   He recently broke his arm falling off the bed at a hotel in Pennsylvania while Darren was interviewing for a job.  I'll get to that on my next post.
 Laura and Gordon were here for his birthday, and I have all sorts of stuff to blog about their trip- but that's for another post too.
Let's talk about Gabe.  About his crazy little, sweet little angel baby- that isn't really a baby anymore.  In fact, I am coming out of the closet and admitting, I still nurse him! Ahh! Yea, with Kyle, I was what Laura and I call a "closet nurser".  We both have been guilty of closet nursing.  When Kyle was almost 2 I had a friend ask me if I was nursing and I lied and said no.  I have thought about that a lot and decided I will never be ashamed of nursing my babies again.  I have "come out of the closet" so to speak.  What can I say, I love to nurse my babies! but seriously I need to stop nursing that kid.  We are going on a cruise in 2 weeks and my mom has said,"That kid has got to be weened before you go!" AHHHH!  Why can't I just leave and let my mom figure it out. I mean, she had 7 kids right? 
Ok I'm getting distracted again. Back to Gabe.  Gabe is pretty much Darren's clone.  Just like Kyle.  I thought Kyle was the only one- but there was another.  Now there are 3.  The 3 amigos.  They are all crazy, but still so sweet and sensitive.  They love adrenaline and motorcycles.  When Gabe see's motorcycles he gets all excited and says, "mocycle!"  And then make engines sounds. He is also a climber.  His favorite thing to do is push the chair over to the counter and climb up the back of it like its a ladder.  Then he gets in my fruit bowl and throws all the fruit on the ground.  Then he pulls everything out of the cabinets and eats butter by the handful.  We all love this baby.
"Fire! Fire! Hot! Hot! Blow, Blow" 



Look at this cute kid!




Ok, I'm a total slacker and didn't get him a thing.  Good thing my mom is so on top of it that she sent him a present with our Christmas gifts, but then she forgot she sent it so she sent him another birthday gift! Thanks Grandma Rita for saving the day!

I think he actually understood what presents were and he loved unwrapping them.  I am so grateful for my little guy.  He is a perfect gift from heaven.  Naming him Gabriel was perfect- because, even though he is crazy, he is such an angel.  We love you Gabe!

4 comments:

  1. He is gorgeous! I can't believe sweet little Gabe is already 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. You're still nursing?! If you need any tips on weaning, call me. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You know how they have support groups to help women start nursing? Well I need one to help me stop! Help me please!

      Delete
  3. By the way, those pictures of his second birthday with the cast on his arm are classic. He's such a mini-Darren.

    ReplyDelete