Sunday, February 23, 2014

Harkness's in the Everglades

I can't believe Laura and Gordon have come and gone.  It is a trip we have been planning for so long.  We planned it at the tail end of school for Darren.  He was done with clinicals, and had a week before graduation.  So Laura and Gordon came and we vacationed together.  We had a great time.  They brought Isaac and Jacob with them.  The first day we went to the Everglades and did an airboat tour.  We saw about 15 gators- it was awesome! I have never seen that many. Usually you just see 1 or 2, but that day the water was crawling with them.  The guide said he didn't see 1 the entire day before, so we were lucky.  It all has to do with weather and tides and temperature so it can be such a hit or miss.







After the airboat ride we headed to one of my favorite places- Skunk Apes!  Here are Isaac and Jacob hanging out with the ape.  I have been here a couple times- you can read about it here http://ernstfamilyfun.blogspot.com/2013/11/skunk-ape.html

Our favorite bird, Dodo! Dodo loves kids- and me:)
Yes, he missed me and snuggled right up. 

Isaac
Jacob
Gordon

This bird, Patches, is the bird that chooses 1 woman a day to let hold him and he finally came to me! I have been there 3 times and he hasn't ever let me hold him- but today he did! I think it's just cause last time he had a crush on Malinda, and he  remembers I was with her.  But then amazingly....

He went to Laura! The guy said very rarely he will go to sisters, or mother and daughter.  It was awesome!
I learned on this trip that Gordon hates snakes.  that's why you will see no pictures of Gordon holding a snake.  Isaac also hates snake- but because he is a kid he was pretty much pressured into holding this pretty one.  He was a good sport.


Jacob, Gordon, Isaac, Laura, Paul, Gabe and me.  Ellie and Kyle were in school and Darren took a day to study for Boards.

That night we went to a fun place to eat- Bravo in the Mercato.  Laura and Gordon's treat.  Thanks guys for the fun night.  It couldn't have been more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment