Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Darren's Mountain Bike Race

Last month Darren rode in a 24 mile mountain bike race.  It's pretty hard core.  I rode the trail with him once, and it's a hard, scary trail!  I got off in several places to walk my bike- not that I'm a crazy daredevil, but I'm not a baby either! I couldn't imagine riding that trail at full speed!  But Darren is crazy and lives for stuff like this.  We went to the finish line and waited patiently as hundreds of bikers passed us.  People come from all over for this race- which fills up this tiny little town called Echo.  It's about 15 min. from Hermiston and a fun little place.  We got some fun food and ate lunch while we waited.  They started the racers every 15 min. to prevent racers from riding over each other. I'm not sure how many heats they had, but there were a  lot of racers.  It is always fun to see the type of people who do certain sports.  Mountain bikers tend to be skinny, with shaved legs and big calf muscles.   was a fun morning.  I think Darren is so awesome for doing cool stuff like this.  Plus he looks hot in all his gear.














No comments:

Post a Comment