Thursday, April 23, 2015

Oregon Coast Day 2

The second day we got up and headed to Cannon Beach.  A fun coastal town.   We had heard of this amazing crepe place.  Unfortunately the crepes were $9 each and the shop was tiny!  We were stuffed in there eating crepes, and ice cream. Kids started having meltdowns.  It was pretty much impossible to shop at all the fun shops while trying to hurdle all the kids.  So finally I said, "I'm taking the kids to the car and putting on a movie."  It was a great solution.  The adults took turns watching movies in the car with the kids while the other two adults shopped.



Then we trodded out in the rain to the beach.  There was this big river running into the ocean that my kids kept getting uncomfortably close to. 
There is the famous Haystack Rock and The Needles in the background.  Despite the rain it was beautiful and we had a lot of fun walking along the beach.




See my kids? Too close!   Paul was the leader who kept getting big chunks of sand to go crashing into the river.  It looked fun but just to close to the water for me. I finally lost my patience with them not listening to me and actually got mad at them.  They knew I was serious and backed away.


After the beach we headed back to the car.  Gabe insisted in jumping in every single puddle he saw.  It didn't matter though because we were already soaked from head to toe. 



I loved this fun little artsy town.  I could have stayed here all day.  There were fun glass shops, fabric shops, second hand stores, etc.  But the kids were done. 





We headed back to the beach house to warm up by the fire, play games, and order pizza.  It was a great time.  Thanks Marilyn and Athena!

No comments:

Post a Comment