Thursday, April 23, 2015

Oregon Coast Part 1

I'm trying to catch up- so I get to blog about my trip to the Oregon coast with Marilyn and Athena in March.  Marilyn's youngest 5 kids have year round school so she wanted to take them and get out of the house.  Thankfully she wanted to come visit me and Athena!  She came to my house for a day before we went to the coast.  I was still a little sick with morning sickness- but not too bad.  When Marilyn pulled up to my house she saw paper snowflakes in the windows and Valentines decorations up.  She said, "I knew Emily had been really sick!"  I usually change my holiday decorations the day after the holiday.  It was so nice when she came.  I felt excited to wake up the next day and do projects with her.  We went to Home Depot and I bought flowers.  We cleaned off my front porch and got my house ready for spring.  The weather was beautiful.  I planted flowers and Marilyn and the kids cleaned out my front flower beds and pruned rose bushes.  Marilyn is one of the best people I know.  She spent the entire day helping me.  She cleaned out my flower beds, swept my kitchen, did my laundry and pretty much just worked all day while watching her 5 kids.  I don't know how she does it all!  It was just what I needed.  Amidst my depression she helped me feel better.  She was a light in the darkness.  She helped me care about my house for a couple of days.  Thanks forever Marilyn.
Look at all these cute kids.  It's hard to believe how much we got done with so many kids running around!


Kyle, Peter, William
The 2nd day we got up and headed for the coast. We met Athena at a fun place called Camp 18.  It used to be an old logging community.  Now it's a restaurant and gift shop.  There are all sorts of fun wood carved figures. There's also an old train and all sorts of old logging equipment.


We had a fun lunch of huge cinnamon rolls.  There were 3 adults and 11 children. Actually Paul almost counts as an adult. Whenever I go out to eat I ask the restaurant what their "signature" item is.  And usually I get it.  Well, Their "signature" item was  clams.  I got a plate for $20 for lunch.  They were disgusting.  But at least it was fun!











Look closely.  It's a small tree growing out of the trunk of a huge old stump.  So cool!




After Camp 18 we finished the drive to our beach house.  It was a cute little house about 5 blocks from the ocean.  The ocean was freezing, windy, and rainy.  Just like every other time I have been to the Oregon coast.  Sorry, but I'll take Florida beaches any day of the year over the coast.  We stayed like 30 min.  till the kids were all crying cause they were so cold.






That night we had dinner, relaxed by the fire, chased kids around, and visited.  It was a nice break to get out of my house and being around Marilyn and Athena is always so uplifting and inspiring.












No comments:

Post a Comment