Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Garbage Day!





Ok, so I have been finding some cool stuff out in peoples garbage piles on the side of the road. Some of you may think that is weird. But my mother is Rita DeBry, and it's not weird to me. In fact it's awesome. It's GREEN. This must be an Eastern Thing- cus people didn't really do it out west. People just put EVERYTHING out on the side of the road! I'll let you know about the treasures I find.

I got a really cool fountain, that was broken, so I am going to use it for a bird bath. Maybe I should put it in our screened in porch. (that was a joke) It's cast iron and pretty cool. I love it.

I also got 2 nice lawn chairs that we put in the forest around the fire pit. I got them on my way home from church. I told Marilyn, and she almost stopped to get them- but Eliza said, "It's Sunday mom! Don't make us stop!" So she kept driving. But I stopped. That's not against the sabath is it?

I also got a great umm, what should I call it off the side of the road today. It was in someones garbage pile. It is like a big metal enclosed shelving unit. Like a tall medicine cabinet or something. Anyways, I am going to spray paint it turquoise, turn it sideways and use it as a big planter box. COOL HUH! I know your all excited- just admit it! Hey, it was free, and It's going to look cool. I think I am going to get rid of all my smaller pots. I will take some pictures of it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud to be related to a great garbage hunter! Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete