So, as I mentioned, I have been spending the last 3-4 weeks couponing. Here is the bottom line- Yes you can definitely save a lot, but it takes a LOT of time. I would say I spent 10-15 hours researching, surfing the websites, and collecting coupons, printing coupons, cutting out coupons, before going out my first time. Once at the store it took me about 3 times as long-usually what I could do in an hour- I was there 3 hours. Not exaggerating. I went to Target. I think my total was like $60 and after coupons it was like $30. hmmmm. 10-15 hours of my time to save $30? I was pretty frustrated and decided to not coupon. Then I changed my mind and tried it again the next week. I got a little faster and only spent 6-8 hours researching and cutting-printing coupons. I wonder if it's worth all the printer ink! Saved about another $30.00. So, this last week, I made another trip to Target. I figure last week I spent about 5-6 hours a week getting ready to shop. I spent about 2 hours shopping and felt pretty good about my savings. My total before coupons was $100 and after coupons it was $45.00. So to sum it up it is good, but if I were pregnant, had a baby, toddler or a job it really wouldn't be worth my time. If you want to save money grocery shopping- here is the fastest simplest thing I have found to do.
1. Sign up for the Sunday paper.
2. Write out your weekly meal plan.
3. Write out your grocery list
4. Go through all the adds and circle anything on sale that is on your grocery list
5. Cut out any coupons of things you will need and use.
6. Go to Walmart and price match everything you circled.
7. Or just go to Walmart and buy generic everything.
8. I also like to shop at Big Lots and Dollar General for snacks & packaged foods.
9. CVS is worth doing if you have the time. It takes a couple times to get the hang of it.
Walmart is great at price matching, - remember they don't match Buy One Get One Free, or % off. I really don't like using coupons at Walmart cause they can just give you a hassle sometimes. Anyways, there is my coupon opinion in a nutshell:)
No comments:
Post a Comment