We went to Dollywood on day 2 of our Spring vacation. Thanks to David and Marilyn's Christmas present last year of Dollywood tickets, we were able to get Seasons passes this year! Awesome! The weather was freezing! It is usually not that cold in April. Thank goodness for my "cold weather emergency bag" in the back of my car. We had sweaters, gloves and hats.
AHHHHH!!! Roller Coaster!!!
Ok, so they have this new roller coaster called the BarnStormer. You can stand pretty close to it and get a good view of the people riding it. IT WAS INSANE!! This picture shows Darren and Paul on the left. This thing swings you up higher and higher till you are practically upside down. This is supposed to be fun- or something like that. So, Darren talked me into going on it. The 1st swing up I was screaming! The 2nd swing up I was screaming insanely!!! The 3rd swing I was so scared no sound came out of my mouth. The 4th swing I wished I was dead! And the 5th swing I wished Darren was dead for getting me to go on the darned thing! I swear I will never do that ride again. I would rather climb the Grand Teton again rather than do that ride. In fact I'd rather do anything again but go on that ride. After the ride stopped, my whole body was shaking, and I could barely walk. I wobbled over to the exit where the spectators watch people think they are about to die. Darren was laughing so hard he was crying. While Ellie and Kyle where also crying-because they felt so bad for me! They had tears streaming down their faces from watching me. They were crying so hard- it was traumatizing for them to watch me be so scared. I had to admit it was pretty funny. So, if you go to Dollywood, be sure to ride the BarnStormer! It's lots of fun!
Here is a fun one for the kids, that Kyle and Ellie are actually tall enough to go on. It goes up about 20 feet then drops you down. It's pretty fun.
Of course, the classic Carousel. I think the horses and animals are so pretty and fun to look at. I think I feel like watching Mary Poppins.
Me and Darren. We had fried chicken, rolls, green beans, and mashed potatoes. Good 'ol home cooking! We have actually decided we don't like to go out to eat for "home cooking". It's like, "well, I could have just made all that at home for a lot cheaper." If I'm going to go out to eat and pay for food, I want something that I don't make at home. It was worth the atmosphere though.








No comments:
Post a Comment