Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nurse Anesthesia School here we come!



So yes, Darren has been accepted to Nurse Anesthesia School in Naples Florida! We are super excited and will be moving in September. He will be going to Wolford College School of Nurse Anesthesia. It all happened really fast. Our friends Aaron and Katie told us that Wolford still had openings for this fall. Within the week Darren had his application turned in. 5 days later he got a letter inviting him for an interview. Less than 2 weeks later this is how our week went- Sunday- find out I'm pregnant! Monday- he flew down and interviewed. Thursday- he flew home. Friday- got an acceptance letter! Saturday- his 34th birthday. Sunday-Have a really big fun party to celebrate! We are really so excited and grateful.


So, here is the man of the hour with all of his nursing friends. We had a big birthday, and congratulations party for him. It was such a great time. It was tropical themed as we will be moving to Florida!
Yes, these are all nurses that Darren works with. Left to Right, Alex, Ryan, Candice, Aaron, Jake, Darren, Blair, Jesse, and Tim.


Some fun tropical cupcakes.




Parker, Blair, David, Peter and Paul

Paul, Marilyn, Katie, Lauren, Jake, Tim's lady friend and Tim


This is Jake and Lauren Lovekin, they just moved here from Idaho. Jake is also a nurse in the ICU.


This is Tim, and his girlfriend. He was Blair's mission companion. Also an ICU nurse.


Cute Michael DeBry


Alex and Mariam- Alex is a nurse in the ICU


This is Jesse and Lina. Jesse is a nurse in the ICU and Lina is a Nurse Anesthetist. She had lots of great advice for Darren. She just told him not to worry and he can do it! Thanks Lina:)


Oh, you should know who this is!

David and Marilyn and little baby Clark

Blair, wrestling with the kids.

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of everyone. Especially little Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you Emily & Darren. Although Darren, I am wondering if I will get a discount on my next epidural with my next kid. Aren't you excited to see my 200 lb bum? ha ha ha. It's late. I should delete this comment and go to bed. Love you guys, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Emily--Congratulations to Darren and best wishes to all of you. Good news about another baby on the way. You have a special family and he/she is VERY lucky! Thanks for posting a picture of David, Marilyn and Clark. I've been bugging Marilyn for weeks to send pictures of Clark and so far none. So I was pretty excited to see them on your blog. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Congrats...that is so great. I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete