I was driving down the road with my air conditioner blowing full blast when I heard Christmas music on the radio. My first thought was, "why in the world are they playing Christmas music in the middle of the summer!!?" It just doesn't feel right- its 85 degrees out and we went to the beach the other day and it was hot! Last week I saw some pictures of it snowing in Utah and I started crying, yes crying. Yea, yea, I know that I should be loving the nice weather- but you know what? I actually like the seasons! It's nice for a change, by the time summer is over, your ready for fall, and winter is so fun- I love to put on a pair of jeans and sweater after wearing shorts all summer. What is better than sitting by a fire on a snowy night drinking some hot cocoa and reading a good book? Maybe sweating all night long even though you have the AC blasting in the middle of November- not! And spring, oh spring. When the tulips and daffodil's come up after a long winter. Sigh, I love spring.
You know, I never thought I would get sick of hearing the weather man on the radio saying day after day after day "Well it's going to be another beautiful day! With highs in the mid eighty's". Now the weather man comes on and I think"let me guess, a beautiful day in the mid eighty's? what a surprise!" It's like the movie Groundhog Day. Or The Berenstain Bears and Too Much Birthday- I think- it's the one where they wish it was their birthday everyday, so they have to relive their birthday day after day- so it looses the nostalgia. Yea. I am going to write a book about living in Florida and call it - Pregnant Emily and Too Much Summer
No comments:
Post a Comment