The upstairs hallway- the doors on the right are the closet doors that hide the washer and dryer.
Ok- here is my bed. I have never had such issues trying do decide how to decorate a room- but I have been thinking about this room for 6 weeks.
White dresser, white bedding, white walls. This room needs some color!
Wow- doesn't really look as nice. So the plan is, bright fun colors. See the round pillow on the bed? That is going to be the "theme" for the room. Bright fuchsia, turquoise and green- with some touches of white. Here is the plan...1- Make a bed skirt! I am thinking fuchsia. I already have a bunch of white fabric that I am going to dye. I am a little nervous but will just do it already.
2. Make pillow cases- thinking green and fuschia with lots of fun textures.
3. Recover my lamp shades
4. Recover my head board with some sort of fun fabric.
5. Some fun artwork above the bed.
6. Possibly some curtains.
My big dilemma is the duvet cover. Right now there is none- and Darren doesn't want one- at all. He says it is too hot. And I have to admit it is hot at nights- even though it is Nov. and we have the ac on. So I am not sure what to do. I had the coolest one picked out 3 months ago- but it is ruffled and Darren says it will be hotter than a normal duvet cover- so that one is an absolute no. Oh what to do, what to do.

I love your plan. Can't wait to see the finished product! You are so artistic I'm sure it will be fabulous. And I love the color scheme for Florida. You can get away with brighter colors with a Florida palate. I imported a bright, happy Caribbean tangerine color from my cousin's Miami house. I put it in my room but set it off with deep orange and slate blue to tame it so it didn't look out of place in Utah. I love to look at it.
ReplyDelete