
Here is our "1 car garage" which come to find out is actually considered a "mini garage" since it is 2 feet shorter and 2 feet thinner than a standard 1 car garage. But we were so grateful to find a beautiful clean townhouse to live in- with a garage at all. At first I kept thinking and wishing we had been able to get the 2 car garage. But really, I am a spoiled American. I wonder how many household's in the world even have a garage? I decided to get over it. And I have. But my sub-conscious hasn't. I frequently have dreams about a 2 car garage, and a bigger place. Seriously? It makes me mad at myself. Get over it my sub-conscious. Really it is ok. I will live- happily.But I do have to tell you what it's like. I don't think it's such a big deal to park inside - since in our old house we never even parked in the garage, we used it for food storage and other stuff- but it is sooo nice to have a place to put stuff- especially the kids bikes! Here we have to park 1 car inside or else it will get towed. So 1 car in the garage, and one in the driveway. Sometimes it's like musical cars, while Darren pulls his out so I can pull mine out then he can pull his back in. It's also pretty funny to try and get to my food storage while I am making dinner. Usually I end up climbing through the car window or the door to get to the canned good I need. It's probably a sight with my big pregnant belly. Also, taking out the garbage consists of pulling the car out, taking the garbage out, then pulling the car back in.
Here is were the kids bikes get stored. I am a little worried if a car seat is going to fit through that space after the baby comes!Like I said, I am really grateful to have a nice place to live, but when the day comes that I do have a 2 car garage I just don't ever want to forget how it used to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment