Monday, January 9, 2012

Fun Pregnancy Statements

Well, I am 9 months pregnant. As I get older I realize what a blessing it is to be able to get pregnant and have healthy babies. With that being said, this pregnancy I decided I would try not to complain about being pregnant. I have decided to make statements instead of complain.
So, when I say things like: "I can not move" That is not a complaint. That is a statement. A complaint would be, "I am soooo uncomfortable." Let me give you some more examples:

"I woke up a lot last night"- statement
"I had the worst night sleep last night, I was miserable, I had round ligament pain all night long, I had to get up twice to use the restroom, and if I want to roll over it I have to wake up and make plans on how I am going flip my body from one side to the other. It was terrible." - complaint

"I have 2 bottoms and 3 tops that fit me."- statement
"I have worn the same ugly 2 pairs of pants and 3 tops for the last month. I am also going to be wearing those same shirts and pants for the next month. I am so sick of wearing the same uncomfortable clothes that don't really fit me anyways."-complaint

"my feet have grown 1 shoe size"- statement
"my feet are so swollen that all my shoes are tight- and my feet hurt and itch all the time."
-complaint

"I don't get as much done as I used to." -statement
"I am so slow and tired and uncomfortable all the time. Picking up something off of the floor is a feat of strength." -complaint

"I can hear my heart beat in my ears when I go up stairs." -statement
"Going up stairs is the worst! I have to rest twice, and by the time I get to the top I am huffing and I can hear my heart beating in my ears for the next 10 min." complaint

I would include paragraphs about the how my nose is stuffy, my back has a lot of pressure on it, and my stomach producing a lot more acid, but I woke up a lot last night and so I need to go lay down.

As you can see, I have not been complaining at all. Just pointing out some facts of changes that my body is going through. In fact I am feeling so good that I think I'll go get a pedicure. Just for fun- not like I need it because my toenails are really long cause I can't reach my feet.

3 comments:

  1. Great article Emily! How true it is! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so true! I love your positive attitude. I can't wait until our babies are here! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em, I love this. I know what you mean about trying to not complain. Don't feel bad complaining, anyone in your shoes would. You are so funny though! Good to see your sense of humor isn't hurting :)

    ReplyDelete