 |
| So, here is my kids school. Paul is in 4th grade. Ellie in 3rd, and Kyle is in all day Kindergarten. They all really like their school. At first they had a hard time, because it is a little different, but different in a good way. They work a lot on real life skills- like leadership, business, responsibility, etc. It's a really, really good school and has gotten all sorts of recognition. |
 |
| The school is laid out kind of like an outdoor shopping mall. There is a fence around the school. The classrooms are all indoors, but the hallways and gym are all outdoors. This is the kids gym. There are no walls behind me- so it is completely open. |
 |
| Here is a "hallway" Notice the sign on the wall with the "Hallway Procedures". LOL Notice the planter boxes, that they just had tomato plants in. |
 |
| Their school is great. Everything is based off of Stephen Covey's 7 habits. Their folders have the 7 habits, their water bottles have the 7 habits, their are posters and signs everywhere with the 7 habits. |
Habit # 4.The other day Paul and Kyle were fighting over something and Paul said, "Listen Kyle, we need to think Win-Win," They actually figured it out on their own! Thank you Stephen Covey!
Posters of the 7 Habits
 |
The kids have jobs at school for which they earn money.
They have to pay their teachers to rent their desks (or homes). They
can save up to buy their desks. They can even save up to buy other kids
desks and then rent the desks. I think it's great. They teach so many
real life skills.
|
 |
| Darren at lunch with Kyle |
 |
| Here is Kyle with his teacher, Mrs. Rossinni. She is great, we just love her! |
 |
| Kyle with the Principal. He is such a nice guy. |
 |
| Darren at lunch with Paul |
 |
One of the schools many "gardens". There is a banana tree, coconut tree, and other fun things. The kids take care of the garden and get to harvest the fruit.
|
 |
| Ellie with the Principal |
 |
| Ellie's poster- THE MIXST UP SHOP- Cookies with no nuts, nail polish painting, a car that top flips off, balloons, lemonade, red rocks, shells, and more! |
I went this week to help Ellie at her school. She was having a "Business Day" Where the kids basically ran a carnival/yard sale. They each wrote their own business plan, made signs for their booth, had to get a business license and had their own space to sell things. Ellie chose not to have a business partner in her class because she didn't want to split the profits. Where did she come up with an idea like that?? Anyways, she chose me as her business partner. I thought I would have had the baby by then so I told her I would do it unless I had the baby. I ended up being her business partner. Ellie sold cookies, lemonade, stuff from her room and some misc. stuff. I painted the kids faces and we charged 5$ (or eagles) for each face painted. The kids from other classes and grades got to come spend their money. It was a great idea and really fun. Ellie made about 550.00 Eagles. She got to spend her money at a school store the next day.
Ellie and me. What we won't do for our kids.
 |
| Ellie with her teacher Mrs. Smith |
What an AMAZING school! Some great ideas. Emily, you look wonderful.
ReplyDeleteWow! Their school is incredible. You are so lucky and you look so cute!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing. I will have to present this to our school district. I have been pushing spanish language integration. Em, you look stunning, even 9 mo pregnant!
ReplyDeleteThat school is so awesome. I want to go there. You look so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI loved hearing about the kids school, you look so beautiful Em!
ReplyDelete