Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, New Years has come and gone- and I have no pictures. I was completely out of commission this New Year. During the day I took the kids to the water park, then we went to Walmart and bought some fun snacks for our family party. By the time we got home I was having pretty bad contractions (just Braxton Hicks, no worries). But they were bad enough I didn't want to do a thing. My stomach hurt, my back hurt, my tailbone hurt, my legs and feet hurt. I sat on the couch or bed trying to have some sort of party for our kids- but every time I stood up it got worse. A friend in our neighborhood was having a party. I can't stand to miss a party- so the kids and I did venture out for an hour or so. Then we came back and I went to bed by 11. Darren stayed up late with the kids banging pots and pans. I don't really remember a thing. I felt so lousy there was no way I was going to 9 am church today. I woke up this morning and felt ok- so I thought maybe I could make it to church- till I looked at the clock and realized it was almost 9:30. I slept 10 1/2 hours! I decided to make it an even 12 so I went back to bed. Just kidding. But I did lay around all day and still had pretty bad Braxton Hicks all day long. The thing is, unfortunately this doesn't mean I will go into labor any sooner. It was a lot like this with all my kids- contractions for a month before actual labor. Laura is the same way. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better cause I still have a TON to do before baby Gabe comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment