Sunday, March 4, 2012

More Visitors

Darren's mom came the day after my parents left.  She stayed 2 weeks to help with baby Gabe.  It was great to have her here.  We had 7 people in 3 bedrooms - so this is what sleeping arrangements looked like for 2 weeks.  This is the master bed- so see that empty spot on the right?  That's where I sleep. And Kyle kicks me all night long.  Gabe goes in a Moses basket on the floor on the the other side of the bed.  Sheila (Darren's mom) is in one of the kids bedrooms- but no one will sleep in there because supposedly she snores.  And Darren can't sleep in the room with me and Gabe because he gets woken up by the baby.  It was like Chinese fire drill with beds for 2 weeks.

In Florida the citrus and orange season is huge.  We went to this fun citrus place and got fresh squeezed orange juice samples, and orange ice cream.  Fun, Fun, Fun!!



Sheila and I went to the Botanical Gardens one day. It was beautiful but HOT!  I had to nurse Gabe and I was just dripping sweat. 

Ok- we will try to not harass the alligators.  Seriously??  Who's going to harass or feed an alligator??!!

This walkway was soooooo beautiful!  I took a ton of pictures.  Enjoy.



I can not figure out how to get the picture turned.  It is turned correctly on my computer file.  Why would my blog turn it when I download it?  If anyone knows- let me know.   Anyways, this is me with my beautiful baby.

I must say that we live in a place with a TON of old people.  And old people always have an opinion and something to say.  Taking a new baby out in a place like that can be dangerous.  Dangerous to them that  I might get really annoyed and say something rude back.  But I don't. I only had a few obnoxious concerned comments-  It's to hot for a baby!  Oh, that baby needs his head covered!  He's going to get sunburned!  Put some socks on that baby!   I was thinking "my baby has a little jaundice and the doctor told me to take him out into the sunshine." But I don't need to explain myself to them.  So I say nothing and just walk away.  But most of the comments were sweet and everyone just loved him   Here are some of the things said to me throughout the day- He's so sweet! How old?  I wish my daughter would have a baby- can I take a picture and send it to her? So cute!  How precious!                                                                  Newborns are like a magnet.  And look at that face! Who could resist??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment