Thursday, March 22, 2012

Not so good

 So I went to my 6 week check-up yesterday.   Sometimes I find healthy check-up's annoying.  I tend to think, "if I have a problem, I'll call ya".   But I go, just in case.  Anyways, during the exam, the Dr. said, "we need to have an ultrasound done on you."  I instantly thought- that's not good. 
Turns out there is still something in my uterus.  Probably some of the placenta.  So I am going to the hospital in the morning for a D&C.   I was a little taken back, as I expected everything to be fine and I have been feeling great.  I guess it's not.  I asked her if we could just wait and see if it passes.  She said that is really not a good idea as it has already been 6 weeks.  It will either turn into an infection, or the body will try to flush it out, which is really dangerous.   I agreed that the surgery sounded like a better alternative to bleeding out.  I am so thankful for good doctors- and modern medicine.  It should just be half a day and I'll be home tomorrow night.  I am pretty bummed though- I was going to take my kids to the beach tomorrow!  Instead I have to have a stinking surgery.  Ughhh.   Hopefully everything will be just fine. 
It is so crazy to me how dangerous having a baby is.  Here it is 6 weeks later, and if it were in the old days, I am still at risk of dying from childbirth.  Any day now I would just start bleeding like crazy and die!  Scary.  Well, it's 1 am and I get up at 5:30, so I'd better get a couple hours sleep before tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hope that all goes well. You'll be in my prayers. Love the porch--I need the "Rita Touch" around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, what a pain! Good luck, and be sure to give yourself lots of time to recover and lots of ice cream and treats to go with the recovery! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete