Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Crafts

 Oh how I love Christmas crafts.  I saw these cute reindeer and thought they would be so fun to make with my kids.
It's never how they turn out.  I always have to laugh when I see crafts like this.  I imagine a bunch of professional artists in a sterile kitchen making them. Not a child to be seen for miles.  The the group of artists carefully take them to the photography room to be photographed by a professional photographer.  Not that it bothers me- I wish I had that job!  I would love to craft and have everything turn out perfectly, but I get to craft with a bunch of silly kids. I don't mind, I like it.  And I don't mind the professionals doing their job-  magazine covers wouldn't be so beautiful if it weren't that way.  It's ok, as long as we don't get angry or upset when our stuff doesn't turn out like this.  If you have children around, it's just not going to happen.   trust me- our didn't turn out like this, but we had a great time.  In fact, all our reindeer turned into aliens.  The kids were laughing their heads off.  I couldn't help but laugh along too.
Here they are- reindeer aliens.
What it looked like in real life.
Another funny one
Here is mine.  The only serious one that turned out looking halfway like a reindeer. 
KIDS!

Silly kids
Here were some other fun treats we made.  Actually if you want a craft for kids that turns out half way like it was intended-  Chocolate dipped pretzels are a good one. 

Another fun easy one- Rice crispy treats and then cut them out with cookie cutters.  BTW- don't use cheap brand marshmallows, they are gross.



1 comment:

  1. Freestone and I are laughing our heads off! Your reindeer are a lot cuter than the pro reindeer!

    ReplyDelete