Sunday, December 23, 2012

Live Nativity

We went to a live nativity the other night.  It was great.  I got to stop for an hour and think about the true meaning of Christmas. Yea, it's cliche.  But it's true.  I've decided that Christmas for moms can be so stressful.  I want everything done, clean, presents perfect.  You know how it is, Christmas cards, neighborhood gifts, kids gifts, Christmas dinner, decorating, cleaning, teacher gifts etc.  But that's ok,  I love it all.  The key is just to remind myself that.  I have a tendency to think- "I'm so stressed, I have to hurry and get this done!"- then I tell myself- "Hey, I love doing this- it's Christmas!"  And then I smile and enjoy the moment.  And then Ellie knees Kyle in the back dancing to Christmas songs.  But back to the nativity.

It was a pretty warm night.  Notice the shorts and tank tops. LOL They were serving hot chocolate though!




I loved this!
Cute Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment