Christmas is over and oh man I feel happy. It was a wonderful day full of my children, husband, presents, pajamas, Christmas movies, video games, reading, toys, music, food, and friends. Who could ask for anything more? Darren went into work twice, but didn't have to stay long either time, so we got to spend most of the day with him. I was so happy about that. I had a marvelous day. I laid around in my new sweats and watched the kids play with their toys. Nothing makes me happier than to see my kids happy.
 |
| What does this frog/toad have to do with Christmas? Nothing! Except Kyle caught him on Christmas Eve. |
 |
| He was huge! |
 |
| I love these Christmas lights! |
 |
| On Christmas Eve we went to a farm where the owners decorate like crazy for Christmas. It's called Flechmans Farm. There were so many lights. We parked our car and walked around. It was a fun. |
 |
| I loved the horses there. |
 |
| As Christmas Eve went we came home for dinner. I made a turkey, but no one ate any because we were full of treats. We watched the Nativity movie. My kids got upset when the wicked King Harod kills the children. So I think we will have to start a different tradition. And it's not going to be watch "The Christmas Shoes"! After that the kids went to bed and Santa came! |
 |
| Sorry Gabe, I'll make your stocking next week. |
 |
| And their stockings were hung, by the chimney with care... |
 |
| true love |
 |
| Christmas morning Darren went into work early- like 5. When he got back we opened presents. We lounged around, then he had to go back into work. I tried to take a nap but it just wasn't going to happen with a baby crawling everywhere in an array of marble sized objects. I laid on the couch and watched Ellie play under the tree almost all day. I love this little girl. |
 |
| Gotta love that hat! |
 |
| Christmas evening we had some friends come over. I didn't get pictures of all of them- but this is our good friends Aaron and Kari Moulton.
Aaron graduates this June from CRNA school. Kari is a nurse and the
Young Women's president. We love to visit late into the night with these guys about church, politics, EOW, food storage, guns, conspiracy theories- you know all the crazy fun stuff I love to talk about. Every time they come over we find the time just flying by and we never want the night to end. | |
 |
| Micah serenaded us with his guitar while Kari and Jillian sang beautifully. The rest of us sang a couple Christmas songs. I sat on the couch feeling so grateful for such good friends and good times. |
And so my Christmas day 2012 ends. I am happy. Life is good my friends, life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment